Sunday, April 09, 2006

Torture at Club Gitmo

This is another horror story of Bush's torture camp on Castro's worker's paradise island in the Caribbean:

On January 29, Asadullah and two other juvenile prisoners were returned home to Afghanistan. The three boys are not sure of their ages. But, according to the estimate of the Red Cross, Asadullah is the youngest, aged 12 at the time of his arrest. The second youngest, Naqibullah, was arrested with him, aged perhaps 13, while the third boy, Mohammed Ismail, was a child at the time of his separate arrest, but probably isn't now.

Tracked down to his remote village in south-eastern Afghanistan, Naqibullah has memories of Guantanamo that are almost identical to Asadullah's. Prison life was good, he said shyly, nervous to be receiving a foreigner to his family's mud-fortress home.

The food in the camp was delicious, the teaching was excellent, and his warders were kind. "Americans are good people, they were always friendly, I don't have anything against them," he said. "If my father didn't need me, I would want to live in America."


Where is the UN "Human Rights" commission when they are needed?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4 comments:

Wadical said...

I must admit, I'm a little disappointed. I'm sure this'll make liberal hearts pump peanut butter but I want these dudes blind folded, poised on a bucket with electrodes in their hands....that would make me feel much better than Mustapha gettin' fat on Uncle Sam's cookin' (which I know for a fact happens to suck). I've been through SERE school....let me tell you, buddy it ain't no church! I wanna see Abdullah in a sweat box, dammit!

I don't think I took my blood pressure pill today.

Wadical said...

What makes the cow "feral"? Just that he's not yours? 1500 lbs, he must've been fed well somewhere.

Wadical said...

Sorry, that was supposed to go one post down.

ΛΕΟΝΙΔΑΣ said...

Hypertension at such an early age?
I guess everything is relevant. If you've been reared on camel dung sandwiches and fried centipedes the spam(?) might taste good.
Wild bovines were a problem in the area. A local criminal turned a bunch of culls loose several years ago and they went wild. They trampled and ate lots of the clandestine (products). Some of the bulls got quite large and mean. The one taken down by Sir Winston was a fully grown female. I didn't weigh her but had to use my Case backhoe/loader to move the carcass.